Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Psyker Test Fig and New Valkyrie Bases


This weekend I managed to do two things:

1. Enjoy an awesome surprise birthday party thrown by my girlfriend! Note: beer fests make the BEST surprises
2. Get some hobby work done!

The above and below are pics of my first test model for the Psyker Battle Squad. The cards could use some more detail work, but I'm reaching the end of my freehand abilities here. Making three dots near one another is about the best that I'm gonna do for suits.


I also managed to finally spruce up the bases for my Valkyries. I've had these bases in my mind for a while but the good weather this weekend finally let me make them a reality. Plus, I got to light things on fire... whee!


Apparently if you light playing cards on fire you might get light headed afterwards... pro tip right there.


I might do something similar for my display board which... dagnabbit, I need to build that too, don't I?


Now I need to finish painting up the PBS, find an out of commission spray primer for my tanks and build a display board. Fun couple of weeks left!

2 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Looking good - I love the use of actual playing cards on the base for the Valk, that looks spectacular!

Keep up the great work!

Elliot Harrison said...

Thannk you for writing this