Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ramshackle Reinforcements

Had a nice refreshing vacation back in upstate New York with the fam, but now I'm back in the Twin Cities and into the 40k frenzy again. First, I'd like to show you the first non-blurry pic of Marbo, thanks to my new camera!



I've also returned from home with some reinforcements. Back when I was younger I tried to get into modeling but found that lack of money, time, and rules to play with hampered my constructive spirit. Now, when I found these beautiful pieces of artillery and tanks hiding under my bed, I have one thing in mind: kitbashing!



I'm hoping that the artillery can be made into Basilisk-type pieces, the howitzer actually becoming a basilisk while the stationary piece could be used as an Earthshaker cannon or as an add-on to a Chimera to make it into a bassie. The tanks might be transformed into either more artillery or some kind of Leman Russ, probably either a standard Battle Tank or a Vanquisher based on the turrets. They may also be simply used as sources for weird turrets, which could be another conversion possibility. Either way, I'm pretty excited!

And also, you lucky people, I played a game of Planetstrike yesterday. I'll have a comprehensive battle report set up for tomorrow's post, but for right now let me just say that it is a very fun and interesting twist on normal gameplay and would make an excellent addition to the regular missions or to spice up a campaign.

No comments: