Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tale of Even More Painters 1.1

Our next challenge for ToEMP is to paint at least 125 points of models from the Elites FoC. For me, the obvious choice was to paint up my Stormtroopers who have seen quite a bit of use in my games. Since I had a bit of time tonight and I don't want to be caught off guard, I started trying out a color scheme for my "Glory Boys." Here's the WIP first member of the Black Jacks:



First, some caveats. I obviously haven't even finished base coating this guy let alone done any clean up or detail work. I'm thinking gold for the skulls with wings and a metallic blue mix for the goggles. The armor needs to be black as they are the Black Jacks, and there will be a stylized J on one pauldron and a spade on the other.

What I'm really curious about is what people think of the cloth color. White goes along with my playing card theme, but I'm not sure if it is working out here. Other possible colors include Bleached Bone, khaki and some kind of grey. Let me know what you think so I can knock these boys out of the park!

1 comment:

Col. Corbane said...

Looking good so far mate.

I'd go with grey with a white highlight for the cloth. I made the mistake of painting my banner white and then struggled to put the shading in the folds. When I looked at the GW one, they'd painted it grey with a white highlight.

I'd better crack on with mine.