Monday, August 17, 2009

Tale of Even More Painters, Challenge 0



Like a few other bloggers I have decided to join the Tale of Even More Painters (ToEMP) as a way to get me back on track painting all my dudes. For the first 75 point challenge I decided to paint up a special weapon squad armed with 2 demo charges and a flamer. I still need to find room for this particular build in my 1500 list, but in my 2k game that was posted earlier today they were deadly.

This is my first attempt at using greenstuff- I used it to fill in the back of my demo charges which I made out of the bottom half of a Cadian vox caster unit, which as you can see looked a bit... open before:



I also did a bit of freehand work that I would say is a definite improvement over my earlier attempts. All of the troopers have regimental number (24) on the right pauldron and squad number (S), platoon (Hearts) and rank (Ninesman) on the left pauldron.



You might also be able to see that I did some work on the bases, painting Hearts on them and rimming the base with red and black stripes to help identify them when they are on the table.

Some pics from the front and back of the same guardsman:



And a pic of the squad after their charges have been thrown:



And special thanks to my girlfriend who painted up one of the demo charge carrying guardsman on top- I hope this doesn't carry against my standing in the contest, she just was really excited to be involved in my hobby, and I think she did a great job!

4 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Nice work, and I love how you made those demo charges: nice thinking!

And kudos for getting the extra pair of (soft, delicate) hands to help you...

Grégory Privat said...

I would say that involving the "partner in life" in the hobby should give a point bonus.

What I like the most : the heart.
What I like the less : the heart.

Just can t make my opinion.

Max said...

@ Drax: thanks!

@ M. Privat: Which heart- insignia or base? Either way, I need to practice more to get them coming out better... either that or get better at fixing them up.

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think you weren't going to make it mate! Great work, I love the colour scheme!