Monday, April 13, 2009

Ave Imperator!

Welcome citizen to Defending Humanity! DH is going to chronicle my (mis)adventures with the miniature wargame Warhammer 40k. I first starting playing the game roughly 6 months ago and I quickly became hooked. So, I've set down some money and have started purchasing and constructing noble troopers of the Imperial Guard.

So far my collection is quite humble, consisting of one 4th ed battle box and one poorly planned purchase (PPP) on ebay that has not arrived yet. For the most part I am waiting to try out the units under 5th edition codex rules before I go any further. In the meantime, however, I have been working on coming up with a theme and paint scheme for my troopers. Since I am a complete beginner at every aspect of this game the schemes will necessarily be a)simple and b)poorly executed. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks my painting skillz will improve to the point that I can actually field a reasonable looking army.

That is all for now- tomorrow there is battle afoot, and my humble guardsmen shall wade into their first firefight. Pictures shall arrive as soon as they have cleared Imperial censors. Ave Imperator!

3 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Welcome to you to!

Always good to see another burgeoning Guard commander; feel free to swing by and say hi - also, I don't know a vast amount about the armies of 40K, but I'm fairly on the ball with Guard, so if you've any questions I'll happily try to help.

Also, Ron over at From The Warp has collated a wealth of our articles about the Imperial Guard; you may wish to pop over for a quick glance:

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2009/04/imperial-guard-sledgehammer-of-imperium.html

(sorry - I've no idea how to embed links)

Good luck,

- Drax.

Admiral Drax said...

Sorry: please amend to read, "Welcome to you too!".

I'd hate to be considered one of the maligned proles...

Max said...

Thanks Admiral! It's always a pleasure to read your posts.