But that's for December- right now there's the Ogre Circus, which needs to be completed up to 2k points by December 4th for Merry Mayhem here in Madison, which is a charity Fantasy tournament. Right now I'd say that I'm just a bit over halfway to that goal, with a few big pieces (Tyrant, Bruiser, two Scraplaunchers, two Gorgers) and a mess of Gnoblars still to go. This will be... interesting to get finished with Thanksgiving taking out 4 days to spend with the girl's family up in Duluth and some big events going on this weekend... leaving me with 11 evenings to try to get the work done. This is made even more interesting thanks to my Scraplauncher that I ordered two weeks ago still not in appearance and my need to convert something for my second. And of course three of those evenings may be lost due to 40k. And I might need to sacrifice the majority of a couple Sundays to actually, y'know, learn to use the army. And Magic is on every other Tuesday. Hrrm. Something has to give.
Fortunately I've gotten to know the organizer of Merry Mayhem and he may be able to arrange for some Scraplaunchers to make their way to me if necessary. They won't be Circus themed but they'll do the job. But still... mayhaps I need to spend less time reading Imperial Armour (IX was SOOO good!) and more time doing hobby work.
Having said that, and in an effort to really get my rear in gear with regards to my projects here's a checklist of everything I need to get done as well as tentative due dates:
- Complete Project Paired Pentagon (coming soon!)
- Finish painting Tyrant (by Thursday)
- Re-model Bruiser (Thursday)
- Re-model Gorgers (Saturday)
- Prime and base coat Bruiser (Saturday)
- Prime and base coat Gorgers (Sunday)
- Finish painting Bruiser and Gorgers (Monday next week)
- Clean Gnoblar sprues (Thanksgiving weekend- what joy!)
- Prime and basecoat Gnoblars (11/29)
- Finish painting Gnoblars (11/30)
- Assemble Scraplauncher #1 (11/30)
- Assemble Scraplauncher #2 (12/2)
- Prime and basecoat Scraplaunchers (12/3)
- At some point base the army and get some movement trays... ?