Friday, October 15, 2010

Ogre Circus: Burnam, Ringmaster of da Biggest Show on Earth!

Speaking of suiting up...

LA-DEEZ AND GENTLEMEN! BOYZ AND NOBZ! SPAWN OF ALL DEITIES! IF I COULD HAVE YOUR ATTEN-SHUN PUH-LEEZE! INTRODUCIN' DA GREAT, DA POWERFUL, RINGMASTER BURNAM!


Barnum, my Tyrant, is the most extensive greenstuff project that I've tackled to date, and boy was he fun to make! Of course, I had to move on to the big boy GS containers when I decided to start him...


I started with a minotaur body and then slowly added greenstuff bulk until he started to fill out.


First priority was his gut plate, the center piece of any good Tyrant. I took one of the food pouches from the Bull sprue and built up a greenstuff ball around it, then let triangle shaped pieces cure and glued them on. After that a rim was created and the clasps were completed.


Then the hooves were covered to make shoes...


...and then I may have tried to do a little too much all at once, throwing the jacket together in one go from a cured piece of greenstuff. The results are a little misshapen in parts, but that kind of fits the scheme of an Ogre Tyrant, doesn't it? Yes, rationalizations are popular this time of year... :)


His shoulders were bulked out with two shields from the Ironguts sprue and his top hat was made with some plasticard and greenstuff. His head looked a little small at first, but I hope that my placement of it made it look a bit more natural.


And of course, being the magnet whore that I am, I had to put two in his wrists so I could swap out the bullwhip and empty hand for other options depending on the occasion. I'll probably stick with this combo for the time being (sword and armor, dontcha know), but who knows if I'll eventually want a great weapon or a shield.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed looking at Burnam! Just remember...

ENJOY DA SHOW!

No comments: