Monday, October 18, 2010

Ogre Circus: Painted Sideshow, Part 1

Hello all, and welcome back. I'm going to start off this week with some looks at my painted Sideshow, the Terrors of the Known World, which you last saw here. The idea was to take Ogre-sized monstrous infantry from the other races and use them as Ironguts in my Circus, which I think I succeeded in doing.


 Last time we saw this fellow he had no handlers- now he has two! I figured that in order to keep a Troll contained the Gnoblars would have to have plenty of chains and plenty of rusted implements of beating- see the bear trap as exhibit A. I wasn't sure what color Troll blood was, so I went with a toxic shade of green.
 His blue skin is all done with an Asurmen Blue wash, while his belly is done with bleached bone. As is the standard for my army, he is wearing bright red and yellow pants- surely a humiliation to a creature of Chaos.
So that's the first of my beaten and downtrodden Monsters- next up, the Kroxigor. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Looking good.

Will you have Leadbelchers firing Gnoblar cannonballs?

Max said...

Eventually yes. After all, what are gnoblars for if not to be wasted in silly ways?

JD Benefield said...

Thanks ffor writing